Carramore N.S.


Go to content

History

About us

A Brief History of Carramore N.S.

The original school at Carramore was built in 1853, and was located in Casey’s land.
This school was replaced in 1913 by the present building, St. John’s. The site was provided by the Doyle family of Carramore.

In 1923 the classroom at the front was erected. A portion of land was also provided as a site for a teacher’s residence, though this residence was never erected.

Some renovations took place in 2000.

The most recent development includes two classrooms, offices, staff room, General Purpose hall and outdoor play area.
There are 70 children attending the school. There are four teachers: Marie Fallon (Principal), Fiona Murtagh, Anne Sharkey and Mairéad Kelly. Our classroom assistant is Josephine Hall.


Home Page | About us | Calendar | School Policies | School Activities | Site Map


Back to content | Back to main menu